Sortie (exit) from the subway
Chocolate!
zher tem Mady & Da Da
Mady is getting her groove on & waving at the locals
Bonjour from the Babarans!
Kissy Kissy Da Da
Madysen is taking a nap
Today was magnificent, filled with adventure and lots of new things. We started off with a short train ride to the Eiffel Tower after sleeping in until noon. We grabbed a quick bite and walked to the tower (actually we just stayed by the maritime museum which has a great view of it). There were so many different people there from vacationers to locals to break dancers and couples kissing with families enjoying the scenery as we were also doing.
We then walked to the Arc De Triomphe. I swear I felt like I was in a movie having seen these famous landmarks all over Paris. I had goose bumps the whole time at the Eiffel Tower and on top of the Arc. The view was so cool. Luckily we only took the elevator part of the way. Others had to walk up a couple hundred steps. It was hilarious seeing people out of breath as soon as you see them going to the top. I guess it's one of the advantages of traveling with a baby. By the way, Mady was the star today, as usual. Parisians were in love with her. She was offered a peach on the train, the owner of a restaurant where we ate for dinner carried her and kissed her hand a few times. She kept waving at everybody inside the trains. Mundo and I had more conversations with the locals because of her. Luckily, we've been reading our French phrasebook. It made it a lot easier talking to locals.
Mady had a long nap time after Mommy and Daddy shopped around Champs-Elysees. As the sun started to set, you see the lamp posts starting to light up where we ended our evening walk at the Louvre. Along the way it reminded me of Central Park where there were golden brown trees starting to look like Autumn orange leaves. There were lots of old buildings in between and more fountains. The road leading up to the Louve was a long dirt path filled with benches, grass and more fountains. You can see the Eiffel Tower behind us from afar lit up so bright with spot lighting circiling the city. It was such a beauty. Once we got to the Louve all I gotta say is that it was ORGASMIC. It is nothing like you see in the pictures or in the movies. I was left with a magical feeling as if I was in a town in itself. This huge building wrapped around the entire place and in the quad area are the 3 glass pyramids next to a bunch of infinity pool like fountains. We sat down and admired this beauty then Mady woke up from her long nap. When she opened eyes she immediately had this big smile. It made it even more complete. Mundo and I can't seem to thank each other. How we got here and where we have been. We are so fortunate.

No comments:
Post a Comment