Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Paris Oui Oui!




After our long flight and subway adventure we made it to Paris, finally! Once we settled in the first thing we did today was go to the Supermarche (supermarket) and stocked up on food and drinks for the apartment. We went to a bakery and bought a baguette to go with the red wine, pate and cold cuts and some macaroons. The weather is fairly similar to Oakland. Mid 60's and a little cloudy. We walked around a few different districts and familiarized ourselves with the subway. Let's just say we are getting a cardio workout! Coming from the airport was off the hook with our luggages. Parisians are nothing like what people say. They have been so friendly and helpful. Maybe because we are with Madysen and we just looked confused as to how we were going to drag our luggages up the stairs on the subways. These subways aren't anything like BART or the New York Subway. I felt like we were in a time machine with steps looping underground these circular stair cases. It was pretty cool. Mady loves stairs so we were able to keep her entertained during the subway rides. We had dinner at an Asian restaurant and had some Pho and Chinese food. It was pretty amazing considering how tired we were from our travels. Afterwards, we walked around and found some random parks, churches and plazas in and around the river area. Then we headed out to the river and saw a landscape view of the Notre Dame and Eiffel Tower. The energy and vibe out here is so cool. It's Tuesday night and everyone was chillin' on the streets outside the restaurants enjoying a glass of wine or a late night dinner with friends at these small bars. It's quiet and the buildings are awe inspiring. They are so cool to look at. I have yet to see a 90 degree left hand or right hand turn. The streets are filled with cobble stone and mini alleys full of small cafes, restarants, shops and etc. There are fountains with people admiring the water as they converse amongsts friends. There are lots of Parks. I can't wait to take Mady! We only walked around for a few hours and I was already jumping up and down. I am so glad that we are here for 4 days! Paris reminds me so much like San Francisco except with more history and obviously a whole lot busier like New York. There is so much diversity. You see people playing bocce ball or whatever they call it here and while people are playing at these small parks in between the alleys you see them with wine bottles snacking along the benches. Pretty darn cool! The language barrier isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Bonjour and Merci is pretty much all that I've been saying all day. Haha. Mady is asleep now. Mundo and I are about to enjoy this bottle of red wine and pate and copa and pancetta and THEN some rest. Tomorrow is going to be amazing. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment