I continue to ask myself how to live creatively, freely and more importantly passionately. How do I break through my own expectations and standards on seeking what the meaning of life is? How do you live as your own being? I seem to want more elaborate answers. My dad took me to the BART on my way to San Francisco before my flight to New York the next morning with my boyfriend, Edmond. While riding in the car with him he had this song playing called, Unanswered Prayers. Wow. The lyrics stuck to me when he sang it out loud and literally almost made me tear up, "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers. Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs. That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care. Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." I realize that I can't have everything answered and only enjoy the journey. Honestly, my life thus far has been incredible. Who would've thought that I would be sitting in the living room of my childhood best friend from the 7th grade writing this emo blog in New York listening to Carrie Underwood and talking about life. It reminds me of when I use to come over her house after school. Sandra and I would sing all the time.. make our own lyrics and write songs. This time around I'd like to keep track of the new adventures yet to come and reflect more on life. Old and New. What better way than to start this year since I am turning 30. Closing out 2009 and bringing in the year was great with my soul mate, best friend and a very special indivudual who loves me for me with no reservations..only to learn and walk through a long windy road with me. Now, progressing into a new year with a more mature outlook is definitely going to be a little bit more challenging yet it is an exciting feeling. As I travel along this path, I truly hope I can accomplish more dreams and plan more towards a better future.
My boyfriend has been a big role in helping me become the better person that I am now along with the unconditional love/support of friends and most of all... my family. To some I am known as Mari, Marimi, Mare or Mucio. Marimilda MARIa- dad's mom // MILagros- mom's mom // DAlisay- my mom... is my full name for a reason. With all of these names in combination given to me as a symbolic meaning leads me to believe what the equation is. The answer.... That the scope of different variables in my life formulates a larger level of understanding of who and what I am yet still waiting to be discovered. I am proud of my roots and the formula that I believe God has created for me. I live my life to the best of my abilities and learn as I go while continuing to honor God. Of course, I am only human with no excuse. "Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." ~ Jean Luc Picard
Happy 2010 and cheers to a New Decade with a New Momentum.