Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Birds of a feather flock together







I'm running a day behind with this blog. Yesterday was a little hectic being my last day in New York. Sandra's man was very kind to drop me off Kuya Jeff's work otherwise I would've dragged my luggage from 190th all the way to 5th. I am very thankful for that.The ride from 190th/Broadway w/ Mr. B. was quite nice. We took the main street next to the Hudson river and we got to chat about life. I'm happy for Sandra cuz' he seems to care a lot for her. We opened a lot about eachother which was pretty cool considering we both just met. He's quite smart and seems like he's been around the block. I'm glad that my girlfriend is with someone like him. When I asked her what is it about him that she is fond of and she briefly mentioned that they think innovative together by expanding eachother's minds. Now, I know what she meant. He had a lot of knowledge I was on the same page with due to similar experiences. It was good to hear the experiences we both shared. I am grateful to have good vibes with people no matter where I go especially when I am traveling. We wished each other best wishes as soon as he dropped me off. I immediately texted Sandra by saying thank you and that he's a cool cat. :) I wish nothing but the best for them.

Kuya Jeff and I had a short lunch. We ate at this pizza joint down the block then I walked to the Empire State Building right after. Out of all the times I've gone to New York never once did I go up there. I always thought it was overated and the line almost always wrapped around the bulding outside. This time the line wasn't too bad. This wasn't the case inside though.
The wait was horrid but glad I was able to experience it. A few people including myself took the stairs from the 80th floor to the 86th because of the 40 minute wait up the elevator. I felt the building shake a few times. I started thinking about 9/11. What if that happened to me? Almost everyone there had someone with them while going up.

I felt anxious walking up and started missing my boyfriend but it was all worth it as soon as I stepped outside of the building. It reminded me strength and no fear. The view was breathtaking! It made me realize how small New York City is from the view up top. It was freezing and windy but again worth that long line I stood in along walking up those stairs.




After my long reflection up the Empire State Building, I met Mary. I always like hanging out with Kuya Jeff's wife plus I haven't seen her in 4 years so it was nice to have quality time with her. We went to Sephora then took the train to their house.
We caught up on her family and mine. She also gave me a tour to their new house. When Kuya Jeff got home we ate at this fantastic Italian Restaurant and had so much food!

I attended their wedding and have gotten close to Mary since then because Kuya Jeff and I are close. I think that she is an awesome wifey! She leaves for China this Thursday for 3 weeks so I am thrilled that her and I will both be there at the same time. Kuya Jeff said that she gets to meet Edmond before he does. Too bad he didn't get to meet my Kuya Jeff while we were both in New York. Anyhow, when we got home we knocked out right away since Kuya Jeff and I had to wake up at 4am.
Loi picked me up from the train station at Solana Beach today after a long commute from New York by plane, bus and train. I felt like I experienced every source of public transportaion there is on this planet in one day. From LAX I took the fly away bus to Amtrack so I wouldn't worry about anyone from picking me up. It was good catching up with him on the ride home. I did some errands then rode with Grace and Erin to a sushi restaurant for dinner. It was even better catching up with the roomates. We ate so much!
I am so fortunate for these two ladies! No words can desribe how cool they are. We'll definitely be friends for a long time. The next few days are hectic before my long trip to be with my beh beh cekes. I can't wait. I'm glad that things are in order for the new year! Keeping the momentum feels great with special people to share my life with. Thank you lord for your blessings.. Everyday I feel your love. Good night! I'm sleepy eventhough I slept in the plane, bus and train. Traveling is a pain in the butt but the destination at that end is worth facing when it's with the right birds flocking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment